Letters to the Editor

Tuesday 26 July 2011

RCMP Report Damage to Seismic Equipment in Cumberland Bay

District 2 RCMP reported in a website press release yesterday, that seismic recording devices were vandalized over the weekend by one or more people in the area of Cumberland Bay. The mounties are asking for anyone with information to come forward.

The Purple Violet Press has asked SWN for comment since it is in that company's licensed area the vandalism took place. However, SWN has yet to reply. 

Security teams have been accompanying SWN seismic testing employees for some weeks now, but this is the first public mention of any vandalism to equipment. Since we have had no reply, it is assumed SWN employees lodged the complaint with the RCMP. Or perhaps it was JD Irving, since that company is also supplying SWN with seismic equipment. 


Above, a seismic recording device owned by Irving is being used around the province by SWN Resources to find potential shale gas deposits. (Photo: Ban Fracking NB)


The Purple Violet Press has contacted JDI and hopes to receive a reply on the matter soon.

This publication is aware that locals throughout SWN's licensed area have recently been removing markers placed by seismic exploration teams in areas showing potential for shale gas drilling, but no vandalism, confrontations or violence was a part of these removals, that we are aware of. These new reports of damaged equipment begin what seems an escalation of the opposition to the shale gas industry in New Brunswick.


3 comments:

  1. You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this
    matter to be actually something that I think I would never understand.
    It seems too complicated and very broad for me. I am looking forward for your next post, I'll try to get the hang of it!

    my blog post bmr calculator for women

    ReplyDelete
  2. I аm really lovіng the themе/design of уour wеblog.
    Do you еνeг гun into аnу intеrnet
    bгowser compatibіlіty problеms?
    A handful of my blog аudienсe hаѵe сοmplaineԁ аbοut my
    website nοt оperаting coгrectlу in Explorer but lοоks great in Opera.
    Dο you have any tіps to help fix this issue?


    Also viѕіt my homepage camera surveillance

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could not resist commenting. Perfectly
    written!

    My website :: fullerton childcare

    ReplyDelete